E-mail a photo of your 8th grader to be included in our celebrations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pictures are due by 5/18. Please include their student number and name with each submission. Baby pictures are welcome!
Dear Parent/Guardian of a CSRMS 8th Grade Student:
The staff of CSRMS are happy to announce that we will be offering a limited number of 8th-grade activities at the end of this school year to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of our 8th-grade students. The events are as follows:
Eighth Grade Field Day
Where: CSRMS Athletic Field
When: Monday, May 24th
Cost: $20 (includes the class T-Shirt, Pizza/Soda, water slides/inflatables, DJ)
Dress Code: School appropriate shorts and must wear the 8th Grade Class T-Shirt
Eligibility: All CSRMS 8th Grade Students may participate as long as they have not received a referral that results in O.S.S. (Out-of-School Suspension) from April 12th through the day of this event.
Items to Bring: Towel, change of clothes, and sunscreen in a draw string bag
Eighth Grade Promotion Ceremony
Where: CSRMS Gymnasium
When: May 25th @ 8:00 A.M. for Roughriders/SOAR Team (Herlocker/Longa) AND May 25th @ 10:15 A.M. for Conquistadors/G-Team (Roth/Nobles)
Dress Code: No Shorts or Leggings
Due to COVID-19 Restrictions, families will only be able to view the promotion ceremony via live stream on social media and will also be recorded and posted for those families who are not able to view the live ceremony. Additional information about this event will be shared in the near future.
Beginning on April 12th, students must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to participate in the 8th Grade Field Day:
Behavioral Eligibility Requirement:
• O.S.S. (Out of School Suspension) – As O.S.S. is given for the most serious breaches of the Student Code of Conduct (fighting, instigating a fight, cursing at staff members, bringing drugs, alcohol, weapons or other unauthorized items on campus, and continual/habitual history of misconduct) ANY student who receives O.S.S after April 12th is Not Eligible to participate in the 8th grade Field Day.
• Students ineligible for the 8th grade Field Day due to receiving O.S.S. after April 12th will be eligible to participate in the promotion ceremony as long as the O.S.S. is not being served during the day of the promotion ceremony.
• ALL students will be recognized during the Promotion Ceremony regardless of promotion status. Students who have met HS promotion requirements will be given their promotion certificates. Those students who have NOT met promotion requirements will be provided with information regarding the Extended School Year program which can be used to meet promotion requirements prior to the start of the next school year.
If you have any questions regarding any of our 8th-grade events and our eligibility requirements, please feel free to contact either of the following staff members:
Mrs. Druschel – 8th Grade School Counselor
Mr. Middleton – 8th Grade Assistant Principal
The 8th Grade Team of CSRMS
Permission to attend as well as payment for the 8th grade Field day will be made through our online portal: (PDF Available Here)
1. Go to: https://www.studentquickpay.com/pasco/
2. Log into your account by entering your email and password in the spaces provided. This is the same email and password you created for myStudent to check grades and pay student fees.
3. Scroll down to “Other Items” and select 8th Grade Field Day for $20.00
4. Another screen will pop-up (see picture below). Please read and then select the green “Add to Cart” button.
5. Proceed to check out to make the payment.