Summer 2023 Assignment for Rising Eighth Grade Students
Due the first day of school in the ELA class.
This summer, students will read I Will Always Write Back by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda and complete a one-pager with the specifications listed below.
A one-pager is an analytical, creative, and written response to a novel that completely fills one side of a piece of paper. For your one-pager, you’ll want to focus on the big ideas from the novel.
- Fill the entire page with color and text. There should not be any blank, white space.
- (a white background against text is okay.)
- Clearly label each element of your one-pager.
- Include the title, author, genre on the paper. You should try to incorporate this element as creatively as possible.
- The required elements are:
- Figurative Language: Provide one example of one of the following types of figurative language: simile, metaphor, hyperbole, or personification.
- Topic: Include two quotes that relate to the development of one of the following topics: acceptance, friendship, education, family, or wealth.
- Images: Draw one large central image or multiple smaller images that represent the book (tip: may be themes, symbols, characters, or conflicts within the book).
- Setting: Illustrate a setting from the book. The illustration must be accurate, detailed, and in full color. Provide a quote from the book to support the illustration of the setting.