Online Code for Pictures is RMS NHS
The National Honor Society (NHS) and National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) are the nation’s premier organizations established to recognize outstanding high school and middle level students. More than just an honor roll, NHS and NJHS serve to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character (and Citizenship for NJHS). These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since their beginnings in 1921 and 1929.
How do I qualify?
- 6th graders: End-of-year grades will be evaluated at the beginning of their seventh-grade year.
- 7th graders: Must have ended 6th grade with a 4.0 average in the following classes: Math, Language Arts, Research, Science and World History. No disciplinary referrals issued in the 2020-2021 school year. 8th graders: Must have ended 7th grade with a 4.0 average in the following classes: Math, Language Arts, Science and Civics. No disciplinary referrals issued in the 2020-2021 school year. Any
- 8th grade student enrolled in high school credit courses with a GPA below a 4.0 can petition the faculty advisor for possible admission into NJHS. Eligible students with a 4.0 GPA will be given a letter of eligibility which will include an application. The application process will include a student essay and teacher recommendation. Upon receipt of completed applications, Rushe’s NJHS Faculty Board will review and accept student applications. Students will then be invited to a formal induction ceremony early in their 7th grade year.
What are my responsibilities now that I’m an NJHS member?
NJHS membership is a true leadership role for students. There are four responsibilities each year including attending all five NJHS member meetings, submitting $15 dues by the end of first semester, submitting proof of 10 volunteer service hours per semester, and maintaining a 3.5 GPA. The responsibilities are all mandatory and taken very seriously, and failure to meet any of these will result in dismissal from NJHS membership.
Please direct questions or concerns to one of our administrators:
- David Salerno at email@example.com
- Dave Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristy Blazys at email@example.com
- Rachel Boehmer at firstname.lastname@example.org